Let’s spend the Independence Day on November 22, together in a splendid hiking trip in the lovely village Maaser El-Shouf (57km away from beirut) .It’s situated on the edge of the Al Shouf Cedar Reserve and is about 7km from one of the oldest groves of cedar trees in Lebanon. Maasser is a rural traditional village with a town square, an old mill, an old oak and pine forest and two natural water sources.
This section (Section 19) of the Lebanon Mountain Trail(LMT)passes through the highest cultivated areas of the Chouf at the foot of the Chouf mountain peaks. Springs abound. The LMT offers two loops that increase the hiker’s opportunities to explore the high country of the Chouf.
Our hike will starts from Barrouk Reserve ,we will follow a walking path rich in Cedars trees , to the Maasief el Mir where we can enjoy a panoramic view of the entire Shouf region all the way to the Mediterranean coast . We will continue to reach La Martine Cedar tree where we will have our lunch break .Later we will take footpath rich in juniper and oak trees to Maasser el Shouf where the bus is waiting for us .
• Level of the trail is 5/10
• Distance of 10 KM, (Moving Time: 4 hours and Total Hiking duration: 5 hours).
• Meeting point in Gallery Semaan area – Camille Chamoun Blvd, near Gharious Center.
Parking is available.
We can pick up the hikers who live on our way.
• Departure time at 8:00 am. Return time will be at 5:00pm.
• We will have breakfast stop at Dagher – Damour.
Please ensure to have in your backpack at least: 1.5 liters of Water, Nutrition food, Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen,Raincoat…
• The Fees are 35,000 LBP (which includes guide, Reserve Entance , transportation but does not include insurance)
( Group of 5 will benefit from 1 free hiking trip)
Those who interested contact:
Kassem Hamadeh : 03/031562 (Whatsapp / SMS / Phone call) or through messages on facebook.
During our trips smoking is not allowed, thank you for your understanding.
Hope to see you and to enjoy our trip together.